Buying Property (Land Law)
Any foreign citizen of Nepali origin may purchase any land in any one of the region and not exceeding the following area, in order to reside within Nepal for him/her self or his/her own family in Nepal.
- Maximum 2 Ropani, in Kathmandu Valley,
- Maximum 8 Kattha, in municipalities of the terai district,
- Maximum 4 Ropani, in other municipalities except mentioned in (a) and (b),
- One Bigaha, in village development committees of the terai district, except mentioned in part (b), or
- 10 Ropani, in other areas except mentioned in (a), (b), (c) and (d).
The above provisions of does not prevail if any foreign citizen of Nepali origin has received any immovable property in the status of a Nepali citizen.